Shiela Schmidt concentrates her practice in the area of public law which encompasses development, real estate, open meeting law, elections, public records, municipal improvement districts, construction law and water law.
She has extensive experience working with municipalities, irrigation districts, and municipal improvement districts on a wide variety of issues. Her practice includes preparing and negotiating development agreements and public infrastructure reimbursement agreements, transactional counseling, administrative proceedings, development permitting requirements, and formation and governance of municipal improvement districts.
Shiela is AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, representing the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Environmental and Natural Resources Section
- Administrative Law Section
- Public Law Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Environmental & Natural Resources Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Environment, Energy, and Resources Section
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Municipal Law (2021-2022)
- 85th Arizona Town Hall – Arizona’s Water Future: Challenges and Opportunities
- City of Tempe (past Commissioner, Tempe Municipal Arts Commission)
- City of Chandler (past Commissioner, Planning and Zoning Commission; past member, Board of Adjustment)
- Phoenix Downtown YMCA (past member, Board of Management)