Séan P. O’Brien is the Chair of the firm’s Litigation Practice Group and Co-Chair of the Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights Practice Group. He focuses his practice on commercial bankruptcy, restructuring, creditors’ rights, related litigation, appeals as well as mediation. Séan represents institutional clients, corporations, partnerships, and individuals in all areas of creditor and debtor relations.
Séan is an approved panel ADR mediator for the United States Bankruptcy Court. He routinely handles ADR matters in disputes dealing with commercial and consumer bankruptcy, restructuring, and creditors’ rights.
Séan is Board Certified in Business Bankruptcy Law by the American Board of Certification, an American Bar Association-accredited program. He is AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, representing the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards and also recognized in the Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law category of The Best Lawyers in America® and Southwest Super Lawyers®.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Past Chair and Executive Committee Member, Bankruptcy Law Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Law Section
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Lawyer Representative (2017-2020)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Arizona, Panel ADR Mediator (Compensated and Uncompensated)
- Arizona Celtic Bar Association
- Arizona Bankruptcy American Inn of Court (Master 2013-2015, Emeritus)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2010-2023)
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Bankruptcy (2010-2022)
- Phoenix Downtown YMCA (Executive Committee; past Chair, Board of Directors)