Robert Williams is Co-Chair of the firm’s Bankruptcy, Restructuring and Creditors’ Rights Group. He focuses his practice on civil litigation, creditors’ rights, commercial bankruptcy, restructurings, related litigation, appeals, and mediation. Robert represents credit unions, institutional clients, student loan creditors, corporations, partnerships, and individuals in all areas of creditor and debtor relations.
Prior to law school, Robert worked as a business consultant for RSM US LLP, an international provider of audit, tax, and consulting services. This experience coupled with B.S. degrees in Finance and Business Administration gives Robert a practical perspective and understanding of business operations and finance.
Before joining Gust Rosenfeld, Robert worked for two years as a law clerk to the Hon. Robert D. Berger of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Kansas.
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Maricopa County Bar Association Bankruptcy Section
- Chair-Elect (2018)
- Chair (2019-present)
- Arizona Bankruptcy American Inn of Court
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Bankruptcy (2021-2023)
- Southwest Super Lawyers® Rising Star, Bankruptcy (2019-2022)
Presentations & Publications
- Speaker, “Application of Arizona’s Statute of Limitations to Loan and Security Interest Enforcement,” Arizona Credit Union Collector’s Council Meeting (2022)