Melissa San Angelo’s litigation practice includes general civil matters including business disputes, employment law, insurance defense, and the defense of liability claims against health care facilities and providers. She has experience representing clients in employment matters, including wage and hour, discrimination, wrongful termination, and harassment claims. She has handled various insurance defense matters, including wrongful death and personal injury cases. Melissa also assists growing businesses with business formation and workplace employment matters, such as the review and modification of employee handbooks.
Prior to joining Gust Rosenfeld, Melissa clerked for the Honorable Sarah R. Simmons and the Honorable Richard E. Gordon of the Superior Court of Arizona, Pima County. She also spent four and a half years in private practice in Southern California.
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of California
- Pima County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division of the Pima County Bar Association (President, 2019-2020)
- Tucson Young Professionals (Board of Directors, 2021-Current)
Presentations & Publications
- Co-Author, Arizona Business Law Deskbook, chapter on Discrimination and Sexual Harassment (2019-current)
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch®, Commercial Litigation; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants (2021-2022)