Kari Zangerle has almost 30 years of experience in her litigation and healthcare law practice. She has substantial trial experience representing healthcare institutions of all sizes and practitioners in medical and general negligence, commercial and employment matters.
Kari serves as local operations counsel for a number of facilities without in-house counsel and with national counsel for a variety of health systems. She has coordinated crisis response teams and worked with local, state and federal authorities, as well as represented clients before CMS, OIG, OHRP, FDA, Arizona Department of Health Services, and numerous other administrative agencies.
Kari has represented hospitals and practitioners in fair hearings acted as a hearing officer, and has worked on credentialing matters. She represents physicians and entities in medical research matters and previously served as a chair for IRBs. She most recently acted as Chair and Co-Chair of the Institutional Review Board with the Phoenix Children’s Hospital for 15 years which oversees clinical trials, and currently serves as an alternative member. Kari also has experience in representing facilities in managed care disputes and health plans in bad faith litigation.
She is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association, Health Law Section of the American Bar Association, Arizona Association of Health Care Lawyers, and a past member of the Sandra Day O’Connor American Inns of Court. Kari is a frequent lecturer on healthcare law subjects.
- Supreme Court of Arizona – Committee of Examinations (previous Chair)
- State Bar of Arizona – Civil Jury Instruction and Civil Rules Committee (previous Member)
- Arizona College of Trial Advocacy (previous Board of Directors)
- Junior League of Phoenix (Member)
- Recipient of the Sandra Day O’Connor Award for Outstanding Service
- Grand Canyon Council, Boy Scouts of America (Member of the Council Board of Directors and Executive Board)
- Silver Beaver Award
- Boy Scout Troops 401 | 3401 (Assistant Scoutmaster)
- Order of the Arrow, Wipala Wiki Lodge (Vigil Honor Member)
- Girl Scout Troop 999 (Leader)