Christopher McNichol concentrates his practice on commercial and real estate transactions, including the sale and purchase, development, lease, title insurance and construction issues, and related litigation in these areas. In addition, Chris handles creditors’ rights matters, including loan workouts, judicial and nonjudicial foreclosures, deeds in lieu, receiverships, deficiency and guarantor actions, and bankruptcy.
Chris represents lending and financial institutions, mortgage lenders and brokers, title and escrow companies, real estate brokers and agents, developers, contractors, and individuals. He writes and lectures frequently at bar and industry seminars on real estate, lending, litigation, and creditors’ rights topics, and is a teacher at the Arizona School of Real Estate and Business.
Chris has served as a mediator and arbitrator in various disputes involving commercial and real estate transactions and construction matters.
Chris is one of the Southwest Super Lawyers® for Real Estate Law. He is AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, representing the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards, and was named by Arizona Business Magazine in Ranking Arizona Best of the Best Award Winner.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Real Property Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Real Property Section
- Arizona Trustee Association
Presentations & Publications
- Lecturer for the State Bar of Arizona, Maricopa County Bar Association, Arizona Mortgage Lenders Association, Arizona Association of Corporate Counsel, Land Title Association of Arizona, ICSC, Professional Education Systems, Inc., Lorman Education Services, and the Arizona Trustee Association
- Author for the State Bar of Arizona (including Ins and Outs of Foreclosures), the Arizona Journal of Real Estate & Business, and other local and national organizations
- Teacher for Arizona School of Real Estate and Business
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Real Estate Law (2020-2022)
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Real Estate (2010-2015, 2017-2019)
- Arizona State Conservation Acquisition Board (past chair)
- Valley of the Sun United Way, Tocqueville Society
- Valley Partnership
- McDowell Sonoran Conservancy (steward)
- Arizona Kidney Foundation (event participant)
- Phoenix Zoo (past event chair)
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Metropolitan Phoenix (former board member)
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Arizona (former board member)