C. Benson (“Ben”) Hufford focuses his practice in school and education law, representing Arizona school districts for more than 30 years. In addition to his ongoing representation of individual school districts, he has represented a coalition of school districts concerning the Federal Impact Aid laws and their relationship to the State of Arizona. Ben also frequently addresses educational organizations on various topics of school law.
Ben is a member of the National School Boards Association Council of Attorneys and of the Arizona Council of School Attorneys. He has spoken multiple times at the Arizona School Boards Association Law Conference, the NOLPE Law Conference, the Arizona School Personnel Administrators Conference, and numerous other school-affiliated organizations. He has been awarded the John R. McDonald Award for outstanding service to Arizona public schools.
Ben has served as an instructor of labor and employment law courses at Northern Arizona University and as an adjunct professor at the University of Phoenix. He also serves as a hearing officer, mediator, and arbitrator for civil disputes including education and employment matters.
Ben is licensed to practice in numerous federal courts, as well as the courts of the Navajo, Hopi, and White Mountain Apache Nation.
- Coconino County Bar Association (Past President)
- Pima County Bar Association
- Navajo Nation Bar Association
- Arizona Council of School Attorneys
- Arizona Bar Foundation Board of Directors (Past President)
- Nature Conservancy, Arizona Chapter, Board of Directors
- Flagstaff Symphony, Board of Directors
- Big Brothers/ Big Sisters, Board of Directors
- DNA Legal Services, Board of Directors (Past Vice President)
- Hozhoni Foundation (Past President)
- Morris Institute for Justice, Board of Directors
- Academic Decathlo,n Board of Directors
- Cameroon Health and Education Fund (CHEF), Board of Directors
- Southern Arizona Legal Aid, Board of Directors
- BUDDY Whitethorne Foundation, Board of Directors