William (Bill) Sowders possesses extensive litigation and trial experience in the areas of products liability, medical malpractice, health care, transportation, accident and personal injury. He has appeared before State and Federal Courts in Arizona, California and Nevada.
Southwest Super Lawyers® designated Bill as one of its Rising Stars in 2012 and 2013.
In 2011, Arizona Attorney recognized Bill for his Top 8 Significant Defense Verdict (Aqua Speed, Inc. dba International Hot Boat Association adv. Neuharth). He also earned two Top 6 Significant Defense Verdicts (L.A. Fitness Sports Club adv. Pellegrini; John Christner Trucking v. Mary Cameron) in 2010.
During his time at The Catholic University of America’s Columbus School of Law, Bill worked as a Research Assistant, assisting Law Professor Kathryn Kelly with the editing of academic publications in the areas of tort law and civil procedure. He also played for the Northern Arizona University Lumberjacks football team.
- State Bar of Arizona
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Nevada
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Arizona Association of Defense Lawyers
Presentations & Publications
- Presenter, “Medical Records Review and Analysis” National Business Institute Webinar (2010)
- Contributor, “The Manufacturer’s Duty to Defend and Indemnify its Sellers: Arizona,” Products Liability Perspectives, ALFA International (2009)
- Contributor, “ABA Transportation Compendium: Spoliation of Evidence” (2008)
- Regional Editor, “ALFA 50-State Transportation Compendium” (2008)
- Author, “A Formula for Effective Subrogation,” Subrogator Magazine (2004)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Product Liability Litigation – Defendants; Litigation – Insurance (2021-2023)
- Southwest Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Personal Injury (2012-2013)
- Arizona Summit Law School, guest lecturer
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law Undergraduate Mock Trial Tournament, judge
- St. Thomas the Apostle School, softball coach