Susan Goodwin’s public law practice encompasses land use, development, open meeting law, conflict of interest, public records, construction law, elections, campaign finance law, annexations, civil rights, code compliance, employment law, community facilities districts and utility matters.
Since 1978, Susan has represented cities and towns as general counsel through periods of record growth, overcoming the obstacles and complex legal and political issues associated with dramatic growth. Susan works closely with City and Town Managers, councils, and staff to address a large variety of issues confronting Arizona cities and towns.
Susan is the past president of the Arizona City Attorneys Association and chaired the 2015 Arizona City Attorneys Association legal conference. Susan also conducts the annual City Attorneys Fundamentals program.
Susan is listed in Best Lawyers® for her Municipal Law work. She is AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, representing the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards.
Susan received her J.D. degree and her master’s and bachelor’s degrees from Arizona State University.
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- Public Law Section
- Sole Practitioners Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Arizona City Attorney Association (former President)
- Arizona State University Alliance for Construction Excellence
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Land Use and Zoning Law; Municipal Law (2014-2022)
- Lawyer of the Year Phoenix, Municipal Law (2019)
- Top 100 Attorneys in Arizona, Az Business (2019)
- International Municipal Lawyers Association Marvin J. Glink Award (2019)