Michael Bate has extensive experience in preparing wills and trusts, premarital agreements and documents for succession plans and various estate planning strategies, as well as probate and estate/trust administration.
He has vast experience in forming, structuring and unwinding corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships and in mergers, reorganizations, and acquisitions/sales of businesses, as well as general and complex business and contract matters.
Mike also represents nonprofit corporations and advises clients on a wide range of income tax and estate tax matters.
He has exceptional expertise in structuring transactions and explaining them to his clients. Mike is recognized as a superb draftsman, preparing organized, concise and well written documents. Mike has enjoyed practicing law for over 45 years. He is AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, representing the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Probate & Trust Section
- Tax Law Section
- State Bar of Utah
- Gust Rosenfeld Executive Committee (former member)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Tax Law (2021-2023)
- Phoenix Magazine 2022 Top Lawyers – Tax Law; Wills, Estates & Trusts
- Desert Botanical Garden (former member, Board of Trustees)
- Utah State University Alumni Association, Arizona Chapter (former member, Board of Directors)