Jennifer Kalvestran’s practice is focused on insurance coverage analysis, bad faith claims, and coverage dispute litigation. She counsels and represents insurers on a broad range of coverage issues falling under primary and excess policies, with a focus on long-tail liabilities and other general liability, pollution liability, and professional liability coverage matters. Jennifer also counsels and otherwise represents insurers as to the bad faith issues arising from these coverage disputes. She is located in the firm’s Los Angeles office.
Jennifer is involved in all aspects of litigation, including trial practice, mediations, and depositions, and she brings a practical perspective to planning and executing these dispute resolution and litigation strategies. Jennifer has successfully represented clients in numerous matters on appeal before the California Appellate Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Jennifer is AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, representing the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards.
- The Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Regional Chair, Region 10 (2022)
- President, Los Angeles Chapter (2019-2021)
- Co-Chair of Education Committee, Los Angeles Chapter (2016-2019)
- American Bar Association
- Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Mike Rovner Construction, Inc. v. Liberty Surplus Ins. Corp., 2014 WL 3752106 (Cal. App. 2014)
- Sirius Int’l Ins. Corp., et al. v. Sup. Ct. (Larry Shaw), 2013 WL 4662872 (Cal. App. 2013)
- Giovanni Cosmetics, Inc. v. Arch Ins. Co., et al., No. 10—55418, (9th Cir. 2011)
Presentations & Publications
- Panelist, “Bankruptcy and its Impact on Construction Defect Litigation,” West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar (2021)
- Presenter, “Design and Manufacturer Liability Cases” The Seminar Group WRAP Insurance Webinar (2021)
- Panelist, “Handling the Unique Challenges of Wrap/OCIP Policies” Association of Southern California Defense Counsel Construction Defect Seminar (2019)
- Panelist, “Hiding the Ball: Litigating Fraud Issues” West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar (2019)
- Panelist, “Responding to, Managing and Resolving Habitability Claims” Association of Southern California Defense Counsel Construction Defect Seminar (2018)
- Panelist, “Developing Issues in Policy Exhaustion: How SIRs, Anti-Stacking and Montrose Exclusions Impact Settlement when Multiple Policies are Implicated” West Coast Casualty Construction Defect Seminar (2016)