Frank Tomkins practices in the area of real estate law with an emphasis on sophisticated commercial real estate transactions. Frank is experienced in the acquisition, development, disposition, financing and leasing of improved and unimproved real estate, including shopping centers, office buildings, industrial parks and mixed-use developments. He is certified as a real estate specialist by the Arizona Board of Legal Specialization.
Frank also has extensive experience in the law of title insurance. Prior to joining Gust Rosenfeld, he worked for several years in an in-house capacity, as General Counsel for Phoenix Title & Escrow Agency and as Associate Counsel for Transnation Title Insurance Company. As a result of this experience, he is extremely well-versed in the area of title insurance law. His extensive knowledge in this area is regularly put to use on behalf of title insurance companies and their insureds, including representation of title insurance companies and their insureds, including representation of title insurance companies and their insureds in trial and appellate courts.
Frank is AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, representing the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Real Property Section
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Corporate Counsel Division
- Real Estate Section
- Education Committee
- Acquisitions and dispositions for investors throughout the State of Arizona.
- Represented Phoenix-based developer who has developed numerous retail power centers in the State of Arizona.
- Represented Arizona-based developer in connection with the acquisition and development of several hotel properties.
- Represented client in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of fast-food restaurants.
- Represented client in connection with the multi-state acquisition of landscaping materials and associated real estate interests.
- Represent banks and other lenders in deed of trust and mezzanine financings, workouts, and foreclosures of commercial real estate.
- Represent both developers and governmental entities in connection with significant governmental development agreements.
- Represent Phoenix-based real estate company in connection with management and leasing of office portfolio.
Presentations & Publications
- Land Title Association of Arizona Conferences (2013-Present)
- CDFA Arizona Financing Roundtable (2016)
- Arizona State Escrow Association Conference (2014)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law (2021-2022)