Brandon Caywood’s practice focuses primarily on public finance and tax. He serves as bond counsel for Arizona cities, counties, school districts, community facility districts, and other special taxing districts on various types of tax-exempt and taxable financings. He negotiates and drafts contracts, ordinances, resolutions and offering documents.
In addition, Brandon serves as underwriters’ counsel, disclosure counsel and bank counsel on tax-exempt and taxable municipal financings and loans. He also advises businesses and governmental entities on various tax issues.
Brandon received his LL.M. in Taxation from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. He earned his J.D. from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law where he was named the State Bar of Arizona Tax Law Section Outstanding Student in 2017 and was awarded the Pro Bono Graduate Award with highest distinction. He earned his B.S. in Accounting from Brigham Young University-Idaho.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- State Bar of Arizona
- Tax Section
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society
Presentations & Publications
- Speaker, “Stifel Bond Compliance Seminar” (October 2021)
- The Best Lawyers in America® “Ones to Watch”, Tax Law (2023)
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, Tax Law (2023)
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, Government Finance (2023)
Phoenix Magazine Top Lawyers – Tax Law (2022)