Barry Markson practices in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, professional liability, premises liability, defamation, construction defect, environmental/toxic tort, products liability, governmental liability, civil rights, personal injury, bad faith, and insurance coverage. In his 27-plus-year career, Barry has tried numerous cases to verdict including premises liability, medical malpractice, products liability, and automobile negligence.
Barry chairs the firm’s Mediation and Arbitration group and is available to consult on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) cases. He serves as a mediator and arbitrator in various civil and commercial litigation and insurance-related matters including insurance coverage and bad faith claims, catastrophic injury, product liability, medical malpractice, and premises liability. He has also served as a Judge Pro Tem for the Maricopa County Superior Court since 2005.
Barry is recognized as a member of the National Association of Distinguished Neutrals. He served as the Arizona Representative to the Defense Research Institute (DRI), and is a Past-President of the Arizona Association of Defense Counsel. Barry is AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, representing the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards, and has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America®.
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals (NADN)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI) (Arizona Representative, 2015-2017)
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel (President, 2014-2015; Executive Committee, 2010-2015, Board of Directors, 2004-2016)
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants (2021-2022)
- AV® Preeminent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Valley of the Sun Jewish Community Center (Board of Directors, Chair, 2022-present; Board Member, 2018-present)
- Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix (Board of Directors, Officer, 2017-present; Board Member, 2007-2011; and 2014-present)
- Scottsdale Cal Ripken Youth Baseball (President, 2011-2016; Board of Directors, 2007-2016)
- Desert Stages Youth Theatre
- Maricopa Bar Foundation
- 92.3 KTAR (Radio Talk Show Host, 1994-present)